Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I schedule a visit to the Jim McLean Junior Academy?
Please call (817) 303-4370 and ask for Justin Poynter.
2. What are the application deadline dates for the junior academy?
There is not a deadline date. However, if you want your application to be considered please submit your application as soon as possible. Only 20 students are accepted.
3. Who will be living with my child?
Residential students live with a staff instructor in a gated community adjacent to the facility. The homes are two stories and feature bedrooms, bathrooms, attached garages, walk-in closets, spacious kitchens, and easy access to the golf facilities.
4. What should I bring to the academy?
Not all of these items are required but suggested: golf equipment, travel provisions, rain gear, bug spray, suntan lotion, clothing (golf, causal, fitness), toiletries, linens for single bed, blanket/comforter, alarm clock, towels, money/credit card, school supplies, lap top, i-pod, and cell phone.
5. What meals are provided?
For residential students, breakfast, lunch, and dinner are provided.
6. Can my student have a car?
Postgraduate students may have cars but any other residential students are not allowed to have cars. Students that wish to ride in cars driven by other students MUST have written permission from their parents.
7. Will the students have access to laundry service?
There will not be a laundry service, but each home has a washer and dryer.
8. What time is curfew?
Curfew is 10 pm except Saturday, which is 10:30 pm.
9. If my child is sick, what will happen?
Medical arrangements are made prior to your child’s first day.
10. Will there be extracurricular activities for the students?
During their free time, students have the opportunity to attend Texas Rangers baseball games, Dallas Mavericks basketball games, Dallas Stars hockey games, local collegiate games, the mall, local theater, and many more local attractions. Local trips to grocery stores are routine.
11. What days will the junior academy close for the holidays?
Housing is closed for winter break.
12. What is the closest airport?
There are two airports located in the DFW area. DFW airport is located 17.22 miles from the facility—approximately 27 minutes. Dallas Love Field is located 25.39 miles from the facility—approximately 36 minutes.
13. What are my payment options?
Parents are sent their child’s contract after admission into the junior academy. A $7,500 deposit is due immediately and the remaining balance is due prior to the first day of golf and class.
14. Will Jim McLean teach my child?
Jim will not teach your child but he plays a role in the development of your child.
15. What are the admission requirements to Spring Creek Academy?
Please call Spring Creek Academy at 972 517-6730 and ask for the admissions director Mr. Matt Thomas.
16. What are the application deadline dates for Spring Creek Academy?
There is not a deadline date. However, to assure your position in the academy, please submit your application and pay the $350 registration fee by May 31st.
17. If I need help with my VISA, whom do I need to call?
Please call Spring Creek Academy at 972 517-6730 and ask for Erin Thomas.
18. If I questions about Spring Creek Academy, whom do I need to call?
Please call Spring Creek Academy at 972 517-6730 and ask for Leo Nelson.
19. What is a typical day like for a member of the Junior Academy?
9:00-11:30 am Spring Creek Academy for School
12:30-1:00 pm lunch
1:00-5:00 pm golf training, mental management, college prep, individual instruction
5:00-6:00 pm Fitness
6:00 pm Dinner
7:00-9:00 pm Study Hall
10:00 pm Lights Out